Graphic Designer | Web Developer | Programmer
Over nine years of creative design and development experience specializing in various visualization initiatives, such as web site front-end development, print and other forms of interactive media.
- A multimedia and communications professional with 9 years of experience in diverse workplace environments.
- Demonstrated ability in the design, implementation and management of a broad range of system platforms and media production projects encompassing web, multimedia interaction and print.
- Ability to build relationships of trust with clients and communicate effectively with all organizational levels.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
March 2009 - January 2011
- Originally hired on contract to complete the development of a Flash interface for a Java/Linux-based set-top box for streaming TV over the internet (IPTV). Conceptualized possibilities of monetizing the streams with various types of overlaying ads and injecting promos and commercials at various points in the content spans.
- Hired full time to the Flash Operations team to update, maintain and extend an Actioncscript 2 white-label enterprise video delivery application framework for many high profile sites, such as Verizon, The UK Sun, NY Post and SkyChannel AU to name a few. The architecture held a focus on event based programming, consumer metrics and repurposable, modular components. Worked with various ad-serving technologies to allow customers to monetize their content.
- Extended the architecture to support a custom dual-screen player for an overseas client. This was significant because the core framework was hard-coded for a single player instance, which I was able to bypass through a mediating micro architecture with minimal refactoring, saving 2 months of development time.
2000 to present
Founder / Creative Director
- Offering a broad range of multimedia, communications and consulting services to small and medium sized businesses in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Brand development, professional identity packages, web design and development, creative direction, creative and technical consulting.
- Handle projects from concept to final production, including working directly with clients to conceptualize ideas, designing layouts, prepress (digital and offset) and programming diverse websites and web applications in for a broad range of clients.
2003 to 2005
Blue Coast Media
- Responsible for managing various design and multimedia projects including a range of web and print media. Developed ideas from concept to final production. Attended several client meetings as well as met with vendors.
2003 to 2004
- Conceptualized and designed layout and graphics of restaurant menus, coupon booklets and other marketing materials for various corporate clients.
- Skills & Technologies: Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, InDesign
2001 to 2003
Designer / Production Operator
FedEx Kinko’s Canada
- Responsible for designing customer requested artwork for several types of media including logos, business cards and flyers.
- Directly communicating with and assisting customers, carrying out pre-production, set up and printing of jobs using various design and business productivity applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with digital printing and digital spooling servers such as Xerox Fiery.
- Skills & Technologies: Pre-Press, Graphic Design, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro
Training & Education
- Digital Media Technical Production, Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, 2002 to 2004
- Basics of 3D Studio MAX, Elliot Animation, 2001 to 2002
- SoftImage 3D, Cardinal Carter Academy for the Arts, 1998
Software & Digital Media:
- Adobe (CS5) Photoshop,
- Flash Actionscript 2 & 3,
- WordPress CMS,
- Joomla CMS,
- Visual Basic/VBScript/Office VBA development,
- Java (basic knowledge)
- MISC TOOLS:
- Subversion (version tracking),
- JIRA (bug tracking),
- Microsoft Windows Family (NT/XP/Vista/7) including Microsoft Office Suite 2010,
- Mac OS Family (9.x/X),
- cPanel and WHM management,
- Networking experience with both Windows and OS X servers,
- 3ds max,
- SoftImage 3D